Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb 12th Long Run

Last Monday I mentioned that Michelle had yet to join me for one of my long runs and I was looking forward to her being there with me this weekend.


Well, it worked! I ran 13.1 miles in 1 hour 31 minutes and 53 seconds, which was a great time for me. My plan called for 13 miles at a pace of 6:56 per minute and my time yielded a pace of 7:00. The weather was a record high of 61 degrees, which was amazing other than the headwind I was fighting for 6.55 miles!

We did two loops. We started in Ann Morrison Park crossed the bridge and down to Warm Springs Golf Course where we crossed the river again the back to Ann Morrison. This was basically the Boise Ironman course less the few blocks up to BoDo and back that we did last year.

When we finished I was sweating bullets and walked through the park with my shirt wrapped around my neck, which got me a few crazy stares from people in hats, gloves, and coats!

Overall, it was a good day. Now I just have to double the distance and cut off about 4 minutes to reach my goal! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...