Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Luck

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"~Seneca, 1st Century Roman Philosopher

This has been one of my favorite sayings for a while.  I have heard it a number of times over the years but never really saw its true meaning until last year when we were heading down to Utah for the marathon. 

I was so nervous before the Dry Creek Half in April last year I had a hard time settling down.  This uneasy feeling was due to lack of preparation and not knowing how I might perform.  In contrast, on the way to St. George I felt like like I had done everything within my power to prepare myself to be successful.  All I needed was the opportunity to prove it.  That confidence gave me the calm state of mind I needed to trust my training and not get caught up in the excitement of the race.

Whatever your goal is, prepare in a way that gives you that extra confidence and you will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...