Friday, January 28, 2011

Peace and Progress

"Peace is not the absence of noise, trouble or hard work. It is to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." ~Saw this at A2O fitness and had to share!!

"Anything in life worth having is worth working for." ~Andrew Carnegie 

I was reminded of this the other day.  A friend asked me what my running time was when I first started.  It took some thinking, but I remembered that I have a receipt from the grocery store on the nightstand next to my bed with the numbers.  I logged my exercise for the first two weeks after I started exercising.  Anyway, I keep it there as a reminder of all the hard work it has taken to get where I am today.

April 1st, 2009 I ran/walked 2.7 miles on the treadmill at a 16:40/mile pace and thought I was going to die. Surprisingly, I didn't.  I came back the next day and the next day.......and yes it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...