Thursday, January 13, 2011

Self Evaluation

I am always nagging Michelle (ironic I know) to write down what she eats everyday and what she does for exercise so that at the end of the week when we weigh in she can evaluate what worked and what didn't.

I never do that and feel a little hippocritical. So here it goes.

I lost 4.5 pounds this week, which feels monumental and is why I am writing this. I have been bouncing around for the last 3 1/2 months and am back to what I weighed in the beginning of October.

Here's what I think worked:
a) I mixed up my exercise. Instead of running everyday I ran 3 days, biked 2, did weights for one, and took one day off.

b) I ate more protein at breakfast and did a better job in general of mixing protein, carb, and fats. I increased my fat intake with almonds, walnuts, and fish oil (lame I know). I also cut back on carbs at dinner.

c) I made my best efforts to stay out of the kitchen after dinner and didn't snack on junk.

d) I got in bed earlier and got an adequate amount of sleep.

e) Most importantly, behind mixing up the exercise, was watching portions and not overeating. Lord knows I exercise enough so it has to be my diet. When I was craving I took my own advice and ate a ziploc bag of veggies. Usually a mix of carrots, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, and mushrooms.

NOW, the trick it to do this all the time. Michelle joined the Humphreys Diabetes Weight Loss Challenge and I told her I would follow her plan to support her. Looks like it might be good for me too!!

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...