Friday, February 24, 2012

I met my goal 2 years ago today!

Today it has been two years since I met my weight loss goal and two years of maintenance. Losing the weight was the easy part...keeping it off for the next 45 years will be the hard part. Thanks for keeping motivated!

I saw this saying on Facebook today and it sums things up pretty concisely. 

"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."

Here's my take on the subject.......


January 2009 - 3 months before I started

October 2009 - 7 months after I started

2 comments:

  1. You achieved something few people do -- real change! I'll always have deep respect for what you did and how you continue to inspire others now that you're on the other side. Congratulations on your two year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, real change is difficult as I know you know. We both got there the same way. One foot in front of the other and not letting excuses determine our happiness. I told a guy at work yesterday, the craziest part is many people begin to lose weight to improve their physical appearance and by the end what has TRULY changed is your self esteem, confidence, and how you view yourself and the world around you - not how you look on the outside. And, the added benefit of having the internal transformation is that it makes the external transformation that much easier... :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...