Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The honest truth about Ultras

I found this today and thought I would share.  Nathan Sanel was at the Bear 100 this past September and I really appreciate his honesty about how he is feeling and why he is there in the videos.  I wrote some similar thoughts about why I was doing it and how I finally decided to sign up.  This was, as it should be, a learning experience for him since he ran a 19:19 at Bartram 100 two and half months later.  Congratulation Nathan.

I don't think it is a coincidence that this is the exact spot that I had my lowest point of the day for the same reasons he described.  He is between Right Hand Fork (37 miles) and Temple Fork (45 miles).



1 comment:

  1. Ouch, watching these gives me a pit in my stomach. I know that feeling of despair also.

    Before my first (and only....so far) 100 miler I thought "I'm strong mentally, I know I will be exhausted and in pain but that's okay."

    But you start to get a different perspective after running for 9...or 17....or 29 (that's me) hours. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...