Monday, May 6, 2013

Work Ethic

When my Grandma Macel (my dad's mom) passed away at the age of 99 I inherited two things. A 1940's Clarion radio and a tiller. Every year I turn over the garden it is a great day remembering what a wonderful Grandma she was.

Almost all of my garden tools came from my Grandpa Jan (my mom's dad) who passed away at age 88 and I love thinking about him too as I work in the yard. I was blessed to learn the value of hard work at a young age and for that I am grateful. Thanks Mom and Dad.

I imagine my work ethic has rubbed off on my training and preparation for life, work, family, and running.  Not sure where it went all those years I was overweight though.  I imagine I was just focused on other things.  Surviving the Navy first.  Then starting a family. Then getting finished with college.  I guess all good things come in time.  I learned while I was getting in shape that you have to truly want it (whatever 'it' is currently) for yourself and once that happens great things will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...