Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Motivation

I was reminded today while I was running with Christie and Derek by the Boise River of one of the great things about losing weight and getting in shape.

As I say in my blog title...set a goal and tell everyone who will listen.  When I started, the reason I did that is because I would always follow through on commitments to others and I never wanted to let them down.  I thought this extra motivation would be helpful.  AND IT WAS. 

The best part of the process however, was that after I began to lose the weight I felt better about myself.  I eventually got to a point where I didn't want to let myself down either. This was a huge turning point because ultimately I wasn't doing this for anyone else but myself.  I had never really valued my own opinion of how I felt about me.

When most people begin a weight loss program the ultimate goal is typically a number on the scale or a size of clothing, I was no exception.  But I can tell you from experience that the numbers aren't as meaningful as confidence, self worth, higher self esteem, and the feeling that anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...