Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why do I run Part II

Part I can be found here.

After looking back at the Part I entry I remembered that there was one important picture missing... This picture was taken the day I realized I wanted to be an ultra-runner.  This was about 30 minutes after the start of the Javelina Jundred ultra near Phoenix in 2010.  I had never ran more than a marathon before this day and I ended up getting nearly 50 miles and loved it.  Here is the recap.  The people were all amazing, the atmosphere was relaxed, and I had fun. 



Here are a few more recent reasons why I run, and why I get up so early to do it....

Today, I was at Polecat loop and I caught this beauty.

A week ago on June 14th, I suffered through this one.  Also at Polecat....
June 2nd, at the Pocatello 50 ultra...













2 comments:

  1. So.....are you in for Javelina this year? I signed up to run it again. I agree with you, that race is a blast. I couldn't pass it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not signed up Cory, I would love to do that one but the travel costs would be too much. We have a bunch of good races within driving distance though. I would love to post your sunset picture from Javelina here if you wouldn't mind. A nice bookend to my sunrise, although I think your picture is much better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...