Thursday, June 14, 2012

Vacation Bible School

Last night I was at VBS which is put on each year at Southminster Presbyterian Church where my brother's family attends. Rich's wife Julie is in charge of it and does a wonderful job getting the kids excited about it each year. This year is a pirate theme and on the way out Carolyn Blackhurst was snapping pictures so I had her get some family photos of us, just like she does every year. They turned out awesome and since we are too lame to ever get a real family picture taken Julie suggested we frame this one and hang it on the wall! I agree.

It also reminded me of one of the pictures I used in the Idaho Power Health Fair video of the 'before' Ryan. The picture on the left was from June 2008. The outward change is obvious but in some ways things haven't changed. I was always happy, always had a smile, and loved spending time with my kids...just like today. Except that my kids are getting older and I need to make sure I take time to cherish these moments. Zach was 3 in the picture on the left and he'll be 8 in a few short months, time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...