....by Dr. Seuss! This one is for my Dailymile cycling buddies Scott J. and Sue R.
Distance: 17.4 miles Time: 01:19 Pace: 13.2mph
Anyway, today was interesting. About halfway through, I dropped down to the center ring in the front to climb a hill and was never able to shift back to the big ring. It was really annoying and I need a tune up for sure. I still use the Stumpjumper for my road rides!
As I was riding I was thinking back to the first rides I did out here. A couple of observations had me laughing.
-Some things never change
- There is ALWAYS a headwind going west on 10 Mile Creek Road, deal with it.
- I always feel better after a good workout no matter what it is
- Beating the sunrise is always awesome
- There is a dog that lives on Cloverdale between Columbia and Hubbard that would eat me for breakfast if I poured maple syrup on my butt
- I will always be slow on my tank of a bike. The knobby tires and pedals with baskets for my non-clip in shoes stink.
- I didn't stop at 8.5 miles to smoke any cigarettes
- I have granny hands now that I lost weight so I wore gloves and a long sleeve which I NEVER did before
- I have improved my time significantly
- I had a smile the entire way and almost embraced my tank bike thinking maybe I was getting a better workout because of its inefficiency
After today's adventure, I may even try lifting weights Br3nda!
Avg HR 120 Max 150