Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just one thing...well maybe two

I slept like a baby last night!  I think it's my body's way of saying, "Thank you for not punishing me these last few days, now I can relax!"  Boy do I have a surprise come Monday, REST UP little guy!!  Bwaahahhahaaaa!!!

On a more serious running note, I had my last speed run yesterday.  It was a total of 4 miles with 2 - 1 mile intervals at a 6:02/mile pace in the middle.  The most encouraging part was my average heart rate for the first speed mile was 147 and the second speed mile was 156.  So, I feel confident that my body can push when I need to dig deep with worrying about going beyond my limits.  I just have to convince my brain and my legs that it is a good idea!!  Sometimes I think being mentally prepared is the bigger battle during training and this was a big boost!

Thanks to Austin Zander and A2O Fitness for getting me in the best shape of my life!  I know the training will be difference maker to help me push through the last miles!

Make it a great day! Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...