Monday, December 9, 2013

Western States 100 Lottery Update

The odds were not great but someone has to get in and the third time was a charm for me!  I was the 66th name drawn at the lottery held on Saturday.  On an unrelated note this is the first time I have seen my age written down as 40, I am getting old.  Can't wait it should be fun!

One a side note, I think anyone who has put in 5 times should automatically be in.  First, they have earned it. Second, it will remove them from the lottery and give a small boost to those with fewer names in the hat.   This year there were 19 people drawn that had 5 tickets which means 34 people will have to try again next year with 6 tickets.  With more difficult qualifying standards I imagine the number of entrants will go down next year too.

I never pay much attention to this but this is Ultrasignup's prediction of my time.  Usually they estimate a lot longer time for me.  This one seems fast but we'll have to see what comes on race day.




2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!!! I'm so happy for you! I know how much you wanted this! :D Can't imagine a better way to celebrate the big 4-0!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...