Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sometimes things are truly this simple

I met Dave after he saw my video on my youtube channel the other day.  I went to his page and at the very top it says.....

Success is never giving up!

Yes, it is that simple.  Thanks for the reminder Dave.  I have been pondering lately what made me want to run a 100 mile ultra marathon, and the simple answer is....just to see if I could.  People asked me questions like how do you train, what do you eat, how do you prepare mentally, etc. etc so I'll know if I am ready to tackle something like that. 

All good questions.  I decided to sign up for the race once my will to continue exceeded my desire to quit. It was then that I knew I was ready.  Physical ability will take you only so far.  It's the space between your ears that allows you, and pushes you to continue.  Doing something like this is not normal. Your body and common sense will tell you to give up along the way MANY times.   My job was simply TO NEVER GIVE UP!


There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't, what you've got to do is turn around and say, WATCH ME!

I feel like this could be applied to any goal that someone may have.  It doesn't have to be running.  It could be weight loss.  Who wouldn't love to lose some weight and get in shape?  I think just about everyone would.  But how many people give up when things don't go as planned and fall right back into their old ways.  Everyone wants to be successful at one thing or another but not many people are willing to put in the required work to make their dreams a reality.  I was that guy for many years. 


This was the motto I lived by for many years

Prior to 2009, my will to lose weight wasn't as great as my desire to stay on the couch and do nothing.  Once I truly committed myself and turned that mental corner that I was going to change, I was ready and haven't looked back.  I believe you can do anything you set your mind to if you want it bad enough.

Set a goal, tell everyone who will listen, stick to your plan, don't be afraid of failure, and never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...