Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline


One of new contestants, Brendan, had this saying tatooed on his arm before making it on the biggest loser show......

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline...-- Rabbi Abraham Heschel

I can tell you from personal experience that this is 100% true. I wrote this in my journal 6/8/2010...

"I have realized that in the past I have never had a problem letting myself down but I could never let someone else down who had high expectations of me. One of the best side benefits of losing weight is that I have rediscovered my self esteem and confidence, so now I don't want to let myself down either."

When people ask me what the best thing about losing weight is, the answer doesn't start with the visible change. It's the internal changes that have the biggest impact. I wish I could package how I feel today and give it as a gift to those who struggle with this so that they would know that it is worth every ounce of energy you put into it.

=======================

The biggest loser season opener got me fired up last night for my run this morning. The first time they ran a marathon at the end of the show was when I was still overweight and I remember thinking what a wonderful accomplishment it would be if I could do that someday. Anyway, the winner Tara, had time of like 5 hours. That was my initial goal. And then the guy last season raised the bar, Darus did it in 4:05 or something like that.

Long story short, if you want something bad enough and are willing to put the required effort and dedication into it, anything is possible. Whether it's running, work, family, or whatever.

Make it a great day everyone.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...