Friday, July 1, 2011

3.1 Mile Marker - Look how far we've come



At mile 44
  When Christie and I were finishing up our 50 miler the other day, we were on the greenbelt (its an asphalt path that follows the Boise River here in town). From the center of town, it is marked in either direction every tenth of a mile.

Our turnaround point ironically, was just about 3.1 miles or a 5k, which is a wonderful goal and first step for many new runners. It was a subtle reminder of just how far Christie and I, as well as many of my running buddies, have come from where we ALL started.

So if your goal is to run a 5k, I say go for it.  Eveyone has to start somewhere.  We both did!  There is no such thing as a bad run.....every day I can do what I choose without worrying about my health is a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't get why you took this photo during the run that day. Glad to have read this to know why. It's a very nice thought to realize that anyone who begins to run can one day (sooner than they think) arrive at their goal and go one to achieve even greater ones if they choose to (as we have.) :) Very nice, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the same excitement in new runners that I had when I started running. I also see a lot of "I'll never be able to run like that" in people too. We are proof that if you want it, are willing to put the work in, and enjoy the process it can be done. The first time I decided to run 13.1 I chickened out about3 weeks in a row because I just couldn't bring myself to do something like that. After the first time I got the 'that wasn't so bad, I can do this feeling' and I never looked back...☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. And look at you now.. on the verge of your first 100 miler. :) Even that great distance is really just a series of individual footfalls. Amazing what you can do if you just keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...