Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Critical Success Factors

After I finished my marathon 10 days ago an hour behind my goal, my friends at the finish line were a bit concerned that I would be disappointed. To their surprise, (not mine) I came across the finish line with a smile on my face and I had a great day!

My friend Christie who put on the race told me the other day that since I set nearly unattainable goals (which she is right about) it is hard to have everything go perfect every time to reach my goals (which she is right about). She also said, I am one of the most positive happy people she has ever met regardless of how things turn out at the finish line (which she is right about). Thank you Christie for reminding me!!

My point here is, keep setting goals and keep moving forward. Sometimes things don't go your way, you may hit a plateau or have trouble getting motivated.  Just make a point to take something positive from every experience and apply to your next goal.

During the time it took me to lose my weight I had many horrible days but I was always positive and tried to put the bad days behind me as soon as possible.  You can't change the past, but you can learn from it.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to know you listen to me once in a while (and think I'm right once in a while too!!!) :) Seriously, though - It really is your positive mindset that sets you apart from almost everyone I know. I love how you bounce back when things don't go your way and always have that wonderful smile regardless of how things turn out. I admire you for many reasons -- but your ability to choose "Joy" and to live your life on the edge, since you don't fear failure - makes me like you even more.

    I expect the Bear to go very well for you in a couple weeks. When the going gets tough, it's that positive, "can do" attitude and positive mindset that will carry you through new territory, through any trails and ultimately - to a new goal! I'm SO proud of you and so thankful to have you as my friend! You can DO IT, Ryan!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...