Thursday, December 9, 2010

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Michelle and I spoke with a local charitable organization today about partnering together to help raise obesity awareness through prevention and education programs.  I am really excited about it and hope that our story might make a difference for someone struggling with the same issues.

In August of 2009, I told Michelle that I felt like the reason I was losing the weight was for the benefit of someone other than myself and my family.  When she asked who I thought it might be I told her I didn't know.  I made a commitment at that time to continue to lead a healthy life and strive be a positive role model since I didn't know who it might be. 



Hideaway Lake 2010
Maybe this is my purpose.  Through education, maybe I can intervene in someone elses life before they reach that suffocating point of hopelessness that too many people are familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...