Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Javelina Jundred with Sam

I had the opportunity to go down to Phoenix and run with my friend Sam while he was competing in the Javelina Jundred endurance race.  I jumped in after the 3rd lap and ran with him for about 17 hours from 6pm to nearly 11am the next morning.  It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to doing something this insane myself someday!!  These are some of the pictures I took during the race that I was posting on Facebook for all of our friends back in Boise.  I ended up running about 50 miles which was my longest run ever.  Sam battled knee pain for over 80 miles and showed me what it takes to push yourself to the limit of physical endurance.  I was proud to have been able to share this experience with him.
Start / Finish line

A friendly snake along the way

Sunshine Sam

Just after the start of the race

Enthusiastic Volunteers?

Wonder Woman

The Tin Man? (carried a cow bell over 15 miles)

One Lap DOWN!

Two Laps DOWN!

Sunset just before the end of Lap 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...