Friday, January 8, 2016

Dailymile 2015 Year End Report

Another great year in the bag.  I didn't have the best race results but I never felt like I was over training or injured.  If anything, I was under trained for race specific conditions.  My best race all year was the Foothills Frenzy 50k on October 3rd with a time 5:39.  It was my fastest time by five minutes and my fifth time doing the race.  The course was a bit shorter than previous years so it wasn't quite a PR but I'll take it.  The best part about it was the fact that I ran the Bear 100 seven days before this and had a pretty solid day finishing in 28:55.  I went into the Frenzy (like I do every year) crossing my fingers for a good day and taking what the day gives me since I have usually just run a 100 miler in the previous weeks.  It kind of made me wonder what I could do in a 50k if I was rested and tapered!  I bet this year, minus Bear, I could have shaved 20+ minutes off.

Time to come up with some new goals for 2016!
Last year's report


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...