Wednesday, January 2, 2013

5k Results!









I could barely get out of bed this morning after leaving my bed heater on all night. I felt like I had baked all night long! Anyway, it was like 18 degrees at the start and my goal was under 20 minutes. After the race started I decided to settle in behind the leader and see how it went.

I was in 2nd place for nearly the entire way and got passed by 2 people in the last tenth. There is no kick at the end when the pedal is to the floor then entire way. So I came in 4th place but didn't even win my age group. Dang you middle aged guys trying to do something with you life before it's over!! (like me :D)

The course was a tad short so if I figure my pace over the full distance I would have gotten a 19:57 which is just what I wanted! It was fun to see lots of friends I hadn't seen in a while. The course was out and back too so it was fun to pass each other on the course.



My son did the 5k too and I went back out on the course to cheer him in. He was running with Christie's son Wayne Jr and when I found them they told me to go back to the finish line. Why? Because when the cross the finish line they wanted to do a heel click like daddy did at the end of the 100k with his friend (Derek)! As promised the two of them executed a beautiful finish line heel click any parent would be proud of :D

Good times. Avg HR 150 Max 176 Elevation gain 13!!    

2 comments:

  1. You make me want to run my friend, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it Michael because running a race for me is a concrete goal that keeps me motivated to keep up my fitness. Kind of like the SMART goals..specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time based. AND the feeling of achievement when crossing the finish line cannot be reproduced! I look forward to seeing your successes in the challenge. Michelle was excited about the kickoff this weekend.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...